Monday, April 19, 2010

The school system!

So here is my newest dilema. Well as some of you know, this has been going on for some time now. I signed Rebecca up for the French program at KVR, she is a gifted kid who really needs the challenge so we thought this would be excellent for her. I wanted to make sure she got in so I handed in my forms within the first week and sent Jamie to the "mandatory" meeting so that they knew we were excited about this whole French program! Well we come to find out that there were too many kids for the program so that not everyone was going to get in. Thank-goodness we got all of our forms in early so that we would be in for sure! What do we get in the mail the week before spring break? A letter informing us that we have been wait listed! What? We were one of the first people to hand in our forms. It seems that doesn't matter because they don't go by a "first come first serve" basis, get this, they PULL NAMES OUT OF A HAT! I kid you not! They actually pull names out of a hat to determine who will get into the French program! I am speechless, OK not really but seriously, pulling names out of a hat? I was a little disappointed that Rebecca didn't get in but I know she will do well anywhere she goes and I do like Skaha Middle school as well, so that isn't the problem, it's the pulling names out of a hat that has me angry! I called the school district to find out where Rebecca was on the list and how many kids were ahead of her and they were not able to tell me, I am to call back this week and hopefully they will have some information for me! Am I just weird that I think this is nonsense? It's driving me crazy, I've been on boards before and I am quite sure that the practice of pulling names is not the way things should be done! ARRRG! I really do like the school district here, am I just being crazy? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment