Saturday, March 5, 2011

Things that make you go HMMMMMM

So I decided to so something for me, just me. No husband, no kids, no nobody, just me and what happens ??? I fracture my tibia! Are you freaking kidding me?
I started training for the sun run with some girlfriends. 3 times a week we would get together run and solve all the worlds problems, it was great. I didn`t miss a run for 6 weeks then I noticed my shin was really starting to hurt, not just a little pain but not being able to walk without crying pain. I was sure it was just a sign of old age so I decided to muscle through the pain and keep running. Last week I ended up talking to a Dr in my office who suggested I go for x-rays due to the fact that I couldn`t get my shoe on, so I did and surprise! A fractured tibia, so what do I do now? Well stay off of your leg and put ice on the swelling, no running for 6 weeks and then slowly! Seriously?
I was almost at the point where I actually looked forward to going for a run and then BANG.
What the hell am I going to do now? I can`t walk,run, stretch or even put pressure on my leg without it hurting. With running I lowered my stress level to about a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1 to 10, now I`m back up to 9.
So for the next 6 weeks I am going to be a grouchy, emotional, pudgy mommy with a sore leg.
Makes me wonder what next?

3 comments:

  1. What a bummer! I have had an injury since last May and I am sad to say that it is just now starting to feel better! Ack! I hope that your injury heals quickly.

    And I feel the same way about how running improves the mood. I need my runs to clear my head and not snap at everyone in site! Could you try water running or spinning in the mean time?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just re-read my comment and I have to clarify two things:

    First, I am not sad that my injury is finally better, but sad that it took such a long time to finally get better.

    Second, I am not talking about how I need "the runs" to clear my head, but running in general.

    Sheesh - maybe I better to a "preview" before I hit post next time! :)

    Oops, I also misspelled sight.

    I think I should just go to bed now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia you are so funny! I'm hoping that these next 6 weeks will fly by.Unfortunately I am not a patient person so we will just have to see how it goes!
    Thank-you so much Tricia.

    ReplyDelete